Small Business Awards Luncheon & Trade Show 2019
This year's Annual Small Business Award Luncheon & Trade Show is going to be bigger and better than ever! We're celebrating 30 years of the Small Business Award - You'll want to make sure you have a seat at the table!
- Favorite Booth Contest (Trade Show Vendor Competition)
- Honor and Announce the River Heights Chamber's 2019 Small Business of the Year
- Interactive, engaging and informative "When Generations Connect" Keynote Presentation from BridgeWorks
- 10,000 Baby Boomers will turn 65 every day for the next 16 years AARP
- Many organizations are approaching a mass exodus of leadership
- Gen Xers are stepping into leadership roles and redefining corporate cultures
- By 2020, Millennials will comprise 50% of the American workforce US Bureau of Labor
- By 2025, Millennials will comprise 75% of the global workforce US Bureau of Labor
- 74% of Gen Zers say they struggle with in-person communication BridgeWorks
Why you don't want to miss it and should invite all your team members!
This is a generational training that provides information in a digestible and entertaining way. Attendees walk away informed, motivated and armed to put their learning into action.
"When Generations Connect": Communicating Across Generational Divides
Presented by: Phil Gwoke, Keynote Speaker and Consultant
- Attendees will gain insight into who the generations are in the workplace today and in the future.
- We will address common generational clashes and provide best-in-class examples for how to best collaborate and communicate across generational lines.
- The generations topic is an inclusive way to discuss diversity, ultimately breaking down stereotypes and promoting positive communication no matter age, experience or background.
Four distinct generations are working together shoulder to shoulder, each with a unique set of attitudes, values and work styles. It used to be that older workers were bosses and younger ones took orders. Now, roles are all over the board and rules are being rewritten. Organizations are feeling the pain of generations as they struggle to manage productivity and morale while maintaining high standards of quality and service in a challenging economy. When Generations Connect demonstrates not only why it's important to understand what shaped the generations, but why they behave the way they do. Find out how generation gaps hit the bottom line. Learn what to do about the approaching talent gap; grasp the keys to retaining the generations you need most and discover how to convert this form of diversity from an obstacle into an opportunity.